Author Topic: Some Changes to the June Mile Shoot  (Read 1415 times)

Some Changes to the June Mile Shoot
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »

Offline ID#5

• Wannabe shooter.....
All,

After the March Mile Shoot, I’m going to put some more structure into the match.

So here is how the ‘New and Improved Mile Shoot’ is going to work.

A.    Shooters will squad up into groups of 5 or 6 shooters.
B.   All the shooters in the same squad will be next to each other on the firing line.
C.   The shooter will select his Primary Spotter.
D.   The Primary Spotter will give corrections, if he sees the miss.
E.   The secondary spotters are back up spotters and are there to help in-case the Primary Spotter doesn’t see the miss.
F.   The On-Deck shooter is not spotting, but preparing for their turn to shoot.
G.   When you are done shooting you will not leave your squad, you will help spot for the others in your squad.
H.   While it is your squads turn at the firing line you are either, shooting, getting ready to shoot or spotting.
I.   The long range game is all about spotting the miss and helping the shooter.  The TV camera is used to call the hits.  Sometimes it takes 3 sets of eyes to see a miss at 2,200 yards.
J.   While the shooting squad if firing, the On-Deck squad will be getting ready.

Optimally shooters who prefer to use MOA will be in the same squad and the shooters who prefer  MIL’s will be in the same squad.

Preferably there will be no more than 2 new shooters in the same squad.

The reason for the Primary Spotter is so only one correction is given, this should prevent the shooter getting 3 corrections at the same time.  Secondary spotters can confer with the Primary Spotter.

The reason for the secondary spotters is to help see any misses.  It has been proven that more than one spotter is really needed at really long range shooting.

The reason the On-Deck shooter is just prepping is to make the match moves along promptly

The reason the On-Deck squad is getting ready is so they can take up once the squad in front of them is finished.

If you are not in the shooting squad or On-Deck squad that will allow you to get off the gun and BS in the back if you want.

I think this will make the Mile shoots run smoother. 

If you have other suggestions let me know.

How much is that in Mils? - JMack
March 2, 2013

It's completely legal.   The only problem is that it puts you into FR Class (Full Retard), and you might be the only one in the entire country running FR.   Of course, it would set you up for 1st Place in your class, everytime you shoot. 
Big D

Re: Some Changes to the June Mile Shoot
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:34:54 PM »

Offline Edge

• Guy that shoots
  • ringin' steel
I think this would be good to try out.  It's always hard to stay on task though with this group, because we're all just too friendly and want to talk to each other.   :D
What's a click?

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 07:33:19 AM »

Offline scoob

• Dreams about shooting
  • It's the LIBERTY, stupid!
    • Save our country.
Calendar says you must be a PRAGC member for this match.  Can a non-member show up and observe or help out?

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 09:49:22 AM »

Offline ID#5

• Wannabe shooter.....
no membership required to spectatate or help out
How much is that in Mils? - JMack
March 2, 2013

It's completely legal.   The only problem is that it puts you into FR Class (Full Retard), and you might be the only one in the entire country running FR.   Of course, it would set you up for 1st Place in your class, everytime you shoot. 
Big D