Author Topic: 75gr + stag 3G = perfection  (Read 4947 times)

Re: 75gr + stag 3G = perfection
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 05:57:23 PM »

Offline J Mack

• Assistant Janitor
  • Directors
  • Shooter!
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    • [quote author=DJM link=topic=2918.msg25501#msg25501 date=1403129184]  You're a wannabe douche bag.[/quote]
at that price, you might check this out also
the reticle is way easier Leupold-15-5x20-Mark-4-MRT-30mm-Riflescope

Apples and Oranges.
Leupold scopes have suffered in the quality department for awhile now and need to make up some ground still.
The scope you linked is a 1.5-5 and the SWFA is a true 1-6 power.
The SWFA is a first focal plane scope and as you know the reticle works on any power level the Leupold is second focal plane and only works on max power. SWFA reticle is standard Mil line and will adapt to any load or cartridge and the Leupold reticle is load dependent. 
The SWFA scope has 0.1 Mil adjustment turrets with 35 Mils Max Elevation Adjustment Range and the Leupold has 1/2 MOA adjustment turrets with 120.00 moa Max Elevation Adjustment Range.

I think the SWFA scope still looks good when you compare the specs on the two.

"I don't think I have ever met anyone quite so fragile™."
"Please moderate this person for abusive use of power."
Ken Reed

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »

Offline Luvmy45

• Staff
  • Calls himself a Shooter..
  • 1911 - is there anything else to say?
I love my leupold Mark IV with the TMR reticle on my long range gun, that reticle and scope are clear, track extremely well, the TMR reticle matches my Mark IV spotting scope reticle, and makes calling corrections much simpler... but I now find myself wanting more..

Before that I was using mil dots for a reticle, and before that I was hunter guy with a duplex reticle. Reticles are something you get used to, they can contain a ton of information if you know what your doing and looking at, and I'm at the point in my experience now that I want more information in my reticle.

For my long range guns, I'm really like the information i can get in the scope from a Bushnell HDMR scope with the Horus reticle... another scope I've been really liking... and to the person that only looks thru a scope occasionally, one look will scare the bejesus out of you and you will scream way too busy, too complicated... but to the person that knows and uses that reticle... it's a beautiful thing.

The Vortex PST makes me feel right at home with the Mrad reticle, as it mimics my MarkIV just not as powerful, but easy to do hold overs and adjustments, and make fine corrections. It doesn't feel or look complicated or overly busy to me, it's like putting on a comfy pair of shoes.

I don't like the BDC reticles, as I feel it's like I'm not getting enough information to do what I want to do and make the correction at the level i want.

The SS 1-6 has nice power, and a comfy reticle to use... The 1 power is great for up close work and going fast and both eyes open for driving the gun... and the 6 power just brings those farther targets closer.

Scopes are defiantly a personal choice, and why they make so many... check out the G2 reticle in the Bushnell... not for 3 gun, but I really want to get that on my long range rig...

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 11:30:58 PM »

Offline Birddog6424

• μολὼν λαβέ
I also really like the reticle of the Vortex PST. My only complaint about that piece of glass is it's not FFP. I would think it's perfect for my needs if it weren't for that one drawback.

I'm even perfectly content with the 4x magnification, I would just prefer it were FFP so I could see those sub-tensions a little better.
"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You have to learn to be slow in a hurry.."   Wyatt Earp

"The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem."  Col. Jeff Cooper

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 06:36:21 AM »

Offline RGinIdaho

• Guy that shoots
I had the PST 1-4 for a while. Nice little scope for the money. The only issues that I had with it were; illumination was not bright enough to use it as a red dot on sunlit days, not enough power for my needs and the exposed turrets would move coming in and out of the bag or brushing against my body.

I have a couple of MK4's with the TMR reticle. I'm comfortable with them and they have been excellent optics. I sold my 1-4 Vortex and picked up a Leupy Mk6 1-6 with the TMR-D reticle. I chose the Mk6 over the Vortex 1-6 primarily for the FFP feature. I have this tendency where I forget to dial the scope up when going near to far. Not only does it impact your ability to see on the go, the hold over's change... Both of those issues are eliminated for me with the FFP.

The MK6 in addition to being FFP has a daylight bright center circle, locking turrets, choice of 3 reticles(TMR, 5.56 and 7.62 christmas tree types), .2mil adjustments, zero stop, 11.25 mils of elevation adjustment with a single revolution of the turret and it's lighter than most of the other scopes in this feature range.

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 03:02:15 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
Jezzus 3 Gun is expensive!
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 03:04:18 PM »

Offline Luvmy45

• Staff
  • 1911 - is there anything else to say?

No it's not :o

SSHHHHH don't say that outloud....

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »

Offline EKuo

• Staff
  • Shooter!
  • Airgunner
Keeping up with the Jones is expensive. 
Hope is a lousy strategy, but sometimes it is good tactics. 

Plan B should not be Plan A twice as hard.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your... aw hell, never mind...

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
I feel so behind on toys.

Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »

Offline J Mack

• Assistant Janitor
  • Directors
  • Shooter!
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    • [quote author=DJM link=topic=2918.msg25501#msg25501 date=1403129184]  You're a wannabe douche bag.[/quote]

Keeping up with the Jones is expensive. 

I feel your pain, I just hang around to get their leftovers.
"I don't think I have ever met anyone quite so fragile™."
"Please moderate this person for abusive use of power."
Ken Reed

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 04:16:45 PM »

Offline Birddog6424

• μολὼν λαβέ
I feel your pain, I just hang around to get their leftovers.

LOL, you ARE the Jones'!!  ;D
"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You have to learn to be slow in a hurry.."   Wyatt Earp

"The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem."  Col. Jeff Cooper

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 05:58:28 PM »

Offline ID#5

• Wannabe shooter.....

not if you are shooting irons.......
How much is that in Mils? - JMack
March 2, 2013

It's completely legal.   The only problem is that it puts you into FR Class (Full Retard), and you might be the only one in the entire country running FR.   Of course, it would set you up for 1st Place in your class, everytime you shoot. 
Big D