Author Topic: Nov Mile Shoot! Who's In  (Read 2421 times)

Nov Mile Shoot! Who's In
« on: November 24, 2013, 04:12:33 PM »

Offline Luvmy45

• Staff
  • Calls himself a Shooter..
  • 1911 - is there anything else to say?
Turkey day recovery shoot, going for a Mile, who's in?!

Chance to get some winter dope and stretch the legs a bit and hit some steel from far, far away.

If all goes well, we'll break in my first handloads on the 338 Edge and see if I can load for this thing.

Re: Nov Mile Shoot! Who's In
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 04:15:43 PM »

Offline ID#5

• Wannabe shooter.....
I'll be there!
:)
How much is that in Mils? - JMack
March 2, 2013

It's completely legal.   The only problem is that it puts you into FR Class (Full Retard), and you might be the only one in the entire country running FR.   Of course, it would set you up for 1st Place in your class, everytime you shoot. 
Big D

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »

Offline EKuo

• Staff
  • Shooter!
  • Airgunner
My neighbor has a trebuchet for sale...
Hope is a lousy strategy, but sometimes it is good tactics. 

Plan B should not be Plan A twice as hard.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your... aw hell, never mind...

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »

Offline ID#5

• Wannabe shooter.....
My neighbor has a trebuchet for sale...

that is a 450 yard weapon max.

gunpowder bro, gunpowder
March 2, 2013

It's completely legal.   The only problem is that it puts you into FR Class (Full Retard), and you might be the only one in the entire country running FR.   Of course, it would set you up for 1st Place in your class, everytime you shoot. 
Big D

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »

Offline ID#5

• Wannabe shooter.....
ok, all serious

3/4 stages
mile
2000 or 2200 or both

start at 1400 and then it depends from there

each distance is its own stage.  If you shoot all stages with the same rifle that will be a combined match.
If you want to shoot diffrent rifles for each stage that is ok too.

If your gun is only good out to 1400 or a mile that is ok too.

come on out and give it a go
March 2, 2013

Big D

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 08:42:43 AM »

Offline fastfire

• Guy that shoots
Will be there  :)

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 10:02:19 AM »

Offline porschemike

• Dreams about shooting
I need to load a few rounds after I stuff myself today and I'll be ready.  I'm really interested to find out the increased drop with temps. Last match temps were still 90s
Mike

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 07:49:05 PM »

Offline The Admin

• Admin
  • Shooter!
Loaded up 30 more pills for the match, got the scope mounted and everything locked into place... just need to zero it in the morning before the match and we'll be good to go.

I put a 30 MOA ring on my 20 MOA base for a total of 50 MOA... or 14.5 mils of slope... my scope has 34.4mils of travel, and if my math is right, and I can zero close to where I think, I should have just over 30mils of adjustment from a 100yd zero, which puts me out to 2400 or so yds before I run out of scope travel... and that still leaves me 10 mils of holdover left in the scope.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day to see if all this math works out in real life, and we get to see how the new weather meter works as well.

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more 1911's .

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 08:29:55 PM »

Offline ID#5

• Wannabe shooter.....
Forgot to print out score sheets, so will have to 'old school' it for scores.
my bad.

also going to dust of my .308, since my heavy rifle went down, should be interisting.

Also want to pre-thank The Admin/LM.45 for MD-ing most of the match tomorrow, since I'm double booked

March 2, 2013

Big D

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 09:06:22 PM »

Offline porschemike

• Dreams about shooting
Loaded up 30 more pills for the match, got the scope mounted and everything locked into place... just need to zero it in the morning before the match and we'll be good to go.

I put a 30 MOA ring on my 20 MOA base for a total of 50 MOA... or 14.5 mils of slope... my scope has 34.4mils of travel, and if my math is right, and I can zero close to where I think, I should have just over 30mils of adjustment from a 100yd zero, which puts me out to 2400 or so yds before I run out of scope travel... and that still leaves me 10 mils of holdover left in the scope.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day to see if all this math works out in real life, and we get to see how the new weather meter works as well.

What time are you planning on showing up to check zero. I was thinking of showing up a little early and check mine.  I'm curious to check out your new weather meter as well, I've been eyeballing the kestral, but the link to yours looks very good.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 09:14:20 PM »

Offline The Admin

• Admin
  • Shooter!
I'm interested to put it beside a Kestral as well and see how it performs!

I think we are shooting at 9, so I was planning on being there at 8, should take about 30 minutes to zero.  I'm hoping I can get it on paper and zero'd quickly, then true the load at 1400 and be good for the mile.

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more 1911's .

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 01:10:53 PM »

Offline scoob

• Dreams about shooting
  • It's the LIBERTY, stupid!
    • Save our country.
Wish I could make it, but I'm  out of town.   Have a  great time fellas!  I  hope to catch the next one.