Author Topic: Jim Wall Mar 28, 2015 Competition Shooting Class  (Read 1050 times)

Jim Wall Mar 28, 2015 Competition Shooting Class
« on: March 17, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »

Offline EKuo

• Shooter!
  • Airgunner
Jim Wall is holding a competition shooting class on Mar 28.  See details below:

After last year's 1911 match, I  realized that there was a need for some real preparation before this upcoming match, for myself as well as my friends.  So I began planning for this year's match for the last few months. Planning in the form of specific drills , accuracy training, and core skills. (remember the long popper shot?)

About the same time, remembering the Idaho Glock match would be coming right as well, I put together a class designed to provide a warm up for one or both events, designed around my experiences in both these popular matches. The 1911 match is full of reloads, there's  a 7 round magazine rule this year, so that needs addressing.  Combined with lots of movement on the stages makes for a dedicated training session.  The Glock match prep is a lot of movement, with strategy on reloading at the optimum time and maximizing accuracy .  The stage that had 30 some pieces of steel is a prime example of how being accurate and fast pays off. We will cover equipment and maintenance issues as well as the shooting aspect.

I plan on this class being a fast paced, challenging, and fun 6 hour session that works out all the bugs, kinks, and prepares one for these upcoming events and starts the year off on the right track. We will start at 9 am sharp and wrap up after 4pm. Approx. 300 rounds. $60

Held at Nampa outdoor range on Bennett rd. Call or text Jim Wall to register at208-602-2196.
Hope is a lousy strategy, but sometimes it is good tactics. 

Plan B should not be Plan A twice as hard.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your... aw hell, never mind...

Re: Jim Wall Mar 28, 2015 Competition Shooting Class
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:24:23 PM »

Offline EKuo

• Shooter!
  • Airgunner
Jim wanted to add that he only has 6 to 8 slots left.  Also that the class is not for beginners but more of a refresher for those that have played the game.
Hope is a lousy strategy, but sometimes it is good tactics. 

Plan B should not be Plan A twice as hard.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your... aw hell, never mind...