Author Topic: USPSA membership renewal time  (Read 1246 times)

USPSA membership renewal time
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:03:26 AM »

Offline Jaggy13

• Wannabe shooter.....
I just got my card in the mail and to be honest I'm having a hard time justifying paying and sending it in.
What will I loose if I let it lapse?
Will my RO/CRO status diminish or just be on hold until I pay again?
Out of my last 3 year membership, I think I was dormant 2 of those.
I'd like to be an optimist.
I just don't think it would work out.

Re: USPSA membership renewal time
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »

Offline EKuo

• Shooter!
  • Airgunner
NROI doesn't address your specific question about membership, however see #8 in the link below.  Essentially if you do not take the annual refresher exam and your RO/CRO certification expires for longer than 6 months you have to take the long version of the annual exam, if expired longer than 1 year you are required to take the course again.  But in order to take the refresher exam you have to be a current USPSA member. 

http://www.uspsa.org/NROI-policies-guides.php#RO

8) If you have been expired for more than six months, you'll need to take the long version of the exam as per NROI policy. This version can be found on your profile up to one year after your certification has expired. See this page for information on how to access your exam. Officials expired for more than a year will be required to take the course again.
Hope is a lousy strategy, but sometimes it is good tactics. 

Plan B should not be Plan A twice as hard.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your... aw hell, never mind...

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »

Offline motosapiens

• Guy that shoots
thanks for reminding me about renewal. I don't recall getting any notices this year, but my membership was expired. Maybe I should have let it stay expired so I could not get credit for those last two 70 and 71% classifiers, lol.
A75553

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:02:09 AM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
thanks for reminding me about renewal. I don't recall getting any notices this year, but my membership was expired. Maybe I should have let it stay expired so I could not get credit for those last two 70 and 71% classifiers, lol.

Now thats how you game Dream Weaver!
Pew Pew Pew