Author Topic: Classifier and Man vs Wo/Man Match  (Read 2166 times)

Classifier and Man vs Wo/Man Match
« on: June 07, 2016, 10:20:16 AM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
We got approval to run an all classifier match......with a spin. Man vs Wo/man shoot off. The shoot off will be cash payback.

When: July 30th. 5th Saturday of the month.
Where: Nampa Rod and Gun Club
Cost: NRGC members $15, Juniors $10, and non-NRGC members $20. Shoot Off $10

Classifier Details: 5 Classifiers TBD and 1 Field Course. No Reshoots unless required. As it sits right now only 1 Division per shooter....BUT bring your second firearm in case the turnout allows for two different divisions per one shooter. Let us know what Classifier you would like to see. No guarantee we can use it, but it will definitely be considered.

Shoot Off: Single Elimination Bracket. Only recognizing Open (Optic) and Limited (Irons). Irons will have a one plate handicap when going up against Open in addition to any class variances. Will pay out 50% to 1st, 30% to 2nd, and 20% to 3rd. 4th place gets a good game pat on the butt.

Setup at 0730. Shooting begins when we are done setting up. Please bring any long measuring tapes, hammers, etc....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:30:36 PM by praetorian97 »
Pew Pew Pew

Re: Classifier and Man vs Wo/Man Match
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 10:33:09 AM »

Offline fallin guy

• Dreams about shooting
What are you planning on keeping the round count around? Also, if I tuck back my, nevermind.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 10:36:33 AM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
Since 5 stages are classifiers, I'm assuming under 100 rounds. Once we dial in the actual 5 we will use, we will post round count.

The medium COF will be easy reset and low round count 20 rounds?

Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 12:45:25 PM »

Offline Oregon Shooter

• Dreams about shooting
Sound great

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 03:01:32 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
This will be our COF Stage with Par Time. Starting in Box A. Three shooting boxes are the delineated shooting area.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:38:35 PM by praetorian97 »
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:03:28 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
Lesson learned with stage design. You cannot have a par time Medium to Long field course at a sanctioned USPSA match.
Per 9.2.4.2 and 9.2.4.3 you are locked to Standards, Classifiers, and Short Field courses. Further more you have to use paper targets exclusively.
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 09:45:49 AM »

Offline motosapiens

• Guy that shoots
el pres, roscoe rattle, thunder and lightning, times two, diamond cutter. we should be able to get the whole club up to at least M, maybe GM.

sadly, i will be in nebraska for A3, but at least it will be hot as f&$*
A75553

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »

Offline Jaggy13

• Wannabe shooter.....
Are PCC's welcome?
The timing should be close, and I'd love to make GM because I'm the only times....
I'd like to be an optimist.
I just don't think it would work out.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 06:51:28 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
Are PCC's welcome?
The timing should be close, and I'd love to make GM because I'm the only times....

I'm hoping to say yes. Z says its scheduled to be provisional by then but Evans gets the final call.

I think we will have the 5-6 people willing to do it. Should make for a fun shoot off where winner can take $50 home.
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 10:12:31 PM »

Offline EKuo

• Shooter!
  • Airgunner
The USPSA BoD meeting minutes from April say PCC is approved as a provisional division with rollout in July.  Based on how Practisciore is setup (and I'm guessing EzWinscore), the scoring software needs to be updated to recognize PCC as a division, then the USPSA classification database needs to be setup to recognize PCC as well.  I read somewhere the PCC HHF is going to be based off Open.

So waiting on PCC to become official.  Right now USPSA's website won't accept any activity reports with PCC in it (other than SCSA). 

PCC is on the USPSA's BoDs agenda for their June 14 meeting.  I'm guessing we'll see something come out after that such as the official release date, finalized rule set, when the scoring and classification software will be released, etc. 
Hope is a lousy strategy, but sometimes it is good tactics. 

Plan B should not be Plan A twice as hard.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your... aw hell, never mind...

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 07:29:56 AM »

Offline Jaggy13

• Wannabe shooter.....
The USPSA BoD meeting minutes from April say PCC is approved as a provisional division with rollout in July.  Based on how Practisciore is setup (and I'm guessing EzWinscore), the scoring software needs to be updated to recognize PCC as a division, then the USPSA classification database needs to be setup to recognize PCC as well.  I read somewhere the PCC HHF is going to be based off Open.

So waiting on PCC to become official.  Right now USPSA's website won't accept any activity reports with PCC in it (other than SCSA). 

PCC is on the USPSA's BoDs agenda for their June 14 meeting.  I'm guessing we'll see something come out after that such as the official release date, finalized rule set, when the scoring and classification software will be released, etc.
Thanks, I thought it was going to be close based on your previous time line.
I'd like to be an optimist.
I just don't think it would work out.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 10:37:59 AM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
From a tech aspect, I'd think Ken has Practiscore ready to update already and is just waiting for the word to hit the streets.

With that said it would mean we should take the nooks/Ipads home for an update. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:42:17 AM by praetorian97 »
Pew Pew Pew