Author Topic: "Concealed Carry" match  (Read 5193 times)

Re: "Concealed Carry" match
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2016, 02:34:59 PM »

Offline tahoemustang

• Guy that shoots
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Eric should get an award for promoting more discussion on the forum in the last 24 hours than in the last 2 months combined!
I know people with Masters Degrees that couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions written on the sole...

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Eric should get an award for promoting more discussion on the forum in the last 24 hours than in the last 2 months combined!

I blame Evans. He goes lets have a match! Then disappears.

I'm really happy to see general interest in the topic. I 've taken a verbal beating over the last 24 hours but I think in the end this will be worth it for one really cool match. What a better way to test your real carry gear.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:42:09 PM by praetorian97 »
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2016, 02:57:19 PM »

Offline idHawk

• Staff
  • Calls himself a Shooter..
Haha, "real life"... no offense intended, because this match sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun, but as it stands now, we're allowing rifles concealed in guitar cases.

Wow... Now that's funny.  I didn't even catch that PCC was allowed.   Even as a full PCC supporter, I think PCC is just plain silly for a Concealed Carry Match.  What's the point? 

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2016, 03:08:55 PM »

Offline Talionis

• Guy that shoots
Wow... Now that's funny.  I didn't even catch that PCC was allowed.   Even as a full PCC supporter, I think PCC is just plain silly for a Concealed Carry Match.  What's the point?

Fun?

And for those wanting this to be like real life, enjoy the worlds most boring and low round count stages. I'll pass on that.

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2016, 03:11:50 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
I want a shoot your way to a long gun stage.

You use your carry gun and shoot a short COF and make your way to something like a shotgun. Kind of like a retreat to your truck gun/bedroom gun.
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »

Offline EKuo

• Shooter!
  • Airgunner
Rev 3

Premise: IDPA gear/concealment with USPSA rules.

Minimum caliber is .380 but steel must fall and it set to normal calibration standards. - PENDING

Stages will consist of perceived real life “it could happen” scenarios.     
Averaging 12-15 rounds. All under 20 round. – PENDING
All scoring is Comstock.
Power Factor - All the same - PENDING
USPSA rules with USPSA targets, fault lines instead of "cover". Stage designers are encouraged to make people lean via stage design. Problem solving and vision barriers are encouraged.
Shoot'em as you see 'em. No story plot on how to shoot the stage step by step.
No restrictions on reloads. I.E. Mags are not required to be retained unless specifically written in stage brief
No restrictions on how many no shoots you can use in a stage.

Divisions

John Wick
15 plus round guns

Compacts
10 round guns

I Should Have Brought A Larger Gun
G43/Shields/Etc

EQUIPMENT RULES

Equipment rules will emphasize concealed carry gear only. 
Gun with mag inserted must fit in the IDPA box.  For sake of simplicity any gun with an optic is OK, but the host gun must fit in the box if the optic was dismounted.  MDs discretion on allowing larger if proven it’s an actual carry gun. The “Dirty Harry” Rule

Capacity: None at this time. But ALL mags must be able to fit in the box when inserted into the magazine.

Holster and mag pouches must be suitable as carry gear.  No double belts, no race holsters, no magnets, no DOH holsters, and no cross-draw or shoulder holsters.  Only restriction on placement is it cannot point the gun up range on the draw.  Concealment garment must be worn that hides the gun when hands are at surrender. Appendix is acceptable.
Reloads can be stored anywhere on body as long as some level of concealment is considered.  Front pocket, shirt pocket, etc Light Bearing guns are acceptable.

PCC is acceptable but must have concealment concept approved for safety and to keep the match in the spirit of its intent. If you walk around with a guitar case, then so be it. The "Desperado" Rule

Potential drop gun stages. Stage designers to furnish factory ammo and gun.  Club will reimburse for the costs of the ammo (9mm/38 Special) but design stages for anticipated turn out and limit amount of ammo the club has to buy to no more than 200 rounds to keep the costs reasonable
   Example: Pistol to fight your way to a truck/PCC gun or home defense shotgun.

Eric, gonna weigh in here.  Let's stay away from the club purchasing ammo and stage guns. If we do a Night Stand gun stage, the shooter should provide the second gun.  I've been here before with stage guns and having to do multiple re-shoots due to the provided stage gun having "issues" (some were operator induced).  Better to have people bring a second gun (and their own ammo) that will be used as their Night Stand gun. I suspect most of us have a second gun that we can bring...?  We'll just have to make sure we advertise in advance if/when a 2nd gun will be required.  I'm thinking steel at reasonable distances so the PCC is not a distinct advantage. 

I also think if we do allow PCC, it ought to be the gun (shooter provided) that you fight your way to.  Non-PCC owners can substitute with a handgun or shotgun. To stay true to the spirit of this concept, let's stick with pistols as the primary at least for the first match as a proof of concept.   

Let me ponder the other rules that you came up with.       

Good job.  Very creative division names.  From a sheer creativity standpoint, I think we ought to use them. 
Hope is a lousy strategy, but sometimes it is good tactics. 

Plan B should not be Plan A twice as hard.

If you're happy and you know it, clap your... aw hell, never mind...

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2016, 03:21:23 PM »

Offline EKuo

• Shooter!
  • Airgunner
Fun?

And for those wanting this to be like real life, enjoy the worlds most boring and low round count stages. I'll pass on that.

Something like:  "From P1 empty gun into T1 while pissing in pants, then run to P2 and call 911.  Stage time ends when 911 dispatcher answers." 

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2016, 03:46:28 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
Hehe
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2016, 08:16:31 PM »

Offline dsa

• Guy that shoots
Sounds like fun!  What can we do to make this happen?

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2016, 10:25:04 PM »

Offline EKuo

• Shooter!
  • Airgunner
I think now we just need to identify a date.