Author Topic: 2015 Steel Challenge End of the Season Match  (Read 1438 times)

2015 Steel Challenge End of the Season Match
« on: September 14, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »

Offline Sgt. Fritz

• Dreams about shooting
As days grow shorter and night get cooler another glorious season of Steel Challenge is drawing to a close. This has been an incredibly successful year with 2 matches per week, 3 barbecues, around 80 entries per week and over 270 different shooters!! In celebration of a great season the Nampa rod and gun club is hosting the End of the Year Steel Challenge match.
Match flyer is attached and you can pre-register on practiscore.
Looking for 8 ROs for this year's match, please let me know if you are interested in ROing and getting 2 free division entry's.

See ya at the range!!
https://practiscore.com/2015-end-of-season-steel-challenge-match-and-season-points-race-awards-presentation/register

Re: 2015 Steel Challenge End of the Season Match
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 06:58:58 PM »

Offline Chimaera

• Dreams about shooting
Ruger is sponsoring the match again this year.  I'll bring the swag for the prize table the morning of the match.

Thanks,

David
Got Sig?

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 09:02:10 AM »

Offline Sgt. Fritz

• Dreams about shooting
Thank you David!! thats great news

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 02:21:48 PM »

Offline w8kdrifter

• Dreams about shooting
What is the cost to enter a division? Nevermind, found it on the flier.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:23:41 PM by w8kdrifter »

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
Zoomed
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 07:52:14 PM »

Offline Sgt. Fritz

• Dreams about shooting
Just wanted to send out answers to some questions we have been hearing about the upcoming end of the season steel challenge match.

End of the Season Match FAQ
Q: Do I have to Pre-register on Practiscore?

A: Please do, we will not turn people away the day of the match but it makes organization much easier if we have an accurate headcount for lunch and have squads already assigned. If you are a walk up registration you will be assigned a squad, if you pre-register you have to opportunity to choose your squad.

Q: Do I have to pay online when I register?

A: No, you can pay cash the morning of the match at check in. You will be able to choose a squad and complete your registration online without paying or entering any credit card information.

Q: What time does the match start?

A: The match starts at 830am on Sunday October 4, There is a glitch with practiscore that is giving an incorrect time when you register for the match online. Please disregard that message and show up at 830am. Squads will go to lunch after completing their 4th stage or 5th stage depending on how fast we are moving, which will hopefully put lunch right around 12 noon. Again depending on how fast squads move we hope to do the prize raffle around 4pm and be home in time for dinner.  For those who have only shot the weekly matches this will be a different experience. An all day match requires a little more energy and we recommend you bring a folding chair and carefully check the weather to make sure you are well prepared to spend the day outside.

Q: How much ammo should I bring?

A:  The simple answer is bring at least 350 rounds for each division you plan to shoot. If you are shooting rimfire pistol and rimfire rifle bring 700 rounds. The more complex answer is that the minimum round count for the day is 200, that means if you don't miss all day then 200 rounds will do it for each gun, however since thats pretty much impossible bring plenty of extra as recommended to make sure your fun doesn't end early

Q: Is this a "Lost Brass Match?"

A: Yes, in the interests of time we will not be picking up brass between shooters like we normally do at our weekly matches. If you are able to stay and help take down the match after we are done shooting then you will be able to pick up brass at that time.

If you have any other questions please email Matchdirector@idahosteelchallenge.com