Author Topic: What happened to PRGC IDPA?  (Read 541 times)

What happened to PRGC IDPA?
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:25:57 AM »

Offline jherrud

• Still shopping for a firearm
  • Howdy Pardner
What happened to IDPA at Parma? I looked away for a couple of years and when I come back, there's no activity.

I logged onto Idaho GunTalk - looks like things have cooled there as well. I found that PRGC had IDPA at Impact Guns for a while, but that's gone away too. Nampa Gun Club had some IDPA activity recently, until Fish and Game closed them down until "repairs are completed". Is IDPA on the decline? Gone?

I'm still a member at PRGC and also at the IDPA organization. I really liked the activity. Life just pulled me away for a while.
There's never too much horsepower... Just too little traction.

Re: What happened to PRGC IDPA?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 11:03:59 AM »

Offline praetorian97

• Wannabe shooter.....
Hola,

IDPA at Parma declined due to shooter support. They did a phenomenal job for a really long time but at the end of the day if you have more shooters taking than giving, this is what happens.

I can't speak to the Impact one but I believe a big factor was IDPA enforcing the must be a member rule that hurt turnout.

Nampa IDPA never was at the indoor range facility. It's still plugging away at the outdoor range 12 months a year though. The indoor range is in the process of getting a plan of attack together for cleaning. The range was rarely used but the building is pretty old.
Pew Pew Pew

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 01:51:07 PM »

Offline jherrud

• Still shopping for a firearm
  • Howdy Pardner
Thx for the update.

I agree Parma IDPA did a great job. It was run in a professional and well organized manner. I was not able to shoot regularly, but as a ongoing Newbie, they made it easy to understand how it worked.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised at the reasons you mentioned. It seems like there's always a few passionate individuals that get these things setup and going, but we can't expect them to carry it all themselves. I saw the same names on the communication all the time. Unfortunately, I seem to have fallen into the category of "taker" with regards to this group, so I probably have to assume some of the responsibility.

It looks like Nampa RGC doesn't require membership to participate in IDPA, but charges a higher fee - pretty much like PRGC did.

Again, Thx for the info!
There's never too much horsepower... Just too little traction.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:58:42 PM »

Offline DAVIS

• Guy that shoots
When I was last shooting IDPA at Parma, of which I'm a member, the MD was beginning to dabble with an outlaw 2 gun concept in lieu of IDPA match dates. It became tougher to get to an IDPA match because fewer dates were on the calendar, replaced with 2 gun dates. Then it seemed to fizzle altogether. It was a good run.