Author Topic: What is the heat for an AR15 trigger?  (Read 4674 times)

What is the heat for an AR15 trigger?
« on: March 10, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »

Offline ID#5

• Wannabe shooter.....
Thinking about a trigger upgrade.

I've got a Rock River Nat'l Match, which is a pretty good trigger for the $, way better than the Armalite NM.

But looking for an upgrade, and probably single stage

Geiselle
Jewel
Something else?

any reccomendations?

How much is that in Mils? - JMack
March 2, 2013

It's completely legal.   The only problem is that it puts you into FR Class (Full Retard), and you might be the only one in the entire country running FR.   Of course, it would set you up for 1st Place in your class, everytime you shoot. 
Big D

Re: What is the heat for an AR15 trigger?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »

Offline Luvmy45

• Staff
  • Calls himself a Shooter..
  • 1911 - is there anything else to say?
For 3 gun,

JP or Geiselle... it will probably come down to personal preference... I like the S3G with the Flat trigger... so if you want one with a curved trigger, by the flat and I"ll trade you.  :D

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:45:04 PM »

Offline avking

• Dreams about shooting
JP or Matt Burkett

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »

Offline TonyD

• Staff
  • Wannabe shooter.....
  • "Shoot low boys, they're ridin' Shetlands"
JP.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
                                                          ---Ronald Reagan

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 08:02:22 PM »

Offline Bob H

• Dreams about shooting
In my opinion the rock river is pretty good.  I have both a rock river and a JP.  While the JP is better, I dont think it would improve your shooting near as much as $150 worth of ammo.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »

Offline J Mack

• Assistant Janitor
  • Directors
  • Shooter!
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    • [quote author=DJM link=topic=2918.msg25501#msg25501 date=1403129184]  You're a wannabe douche bag.[/quote]
JP-EZ
"I don't think I have ever met anyone quite so fragile™."
"Please moderate this person for abusive use of power."
Ken Reed

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »

Offline Nealio

• un-certified Tanfoglio Armorer
Jard, by far the best and only $140
Powered by Bacon

TEAM EUROPEAN STEEL

USPSA A68937
My shooting vids

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »

Offline Roop

• Guy that shoots
  • Chuck Norris? Never heard of her.
starting to sound like a broken record around here. i use the jp in my 308. just the trigger, not the whole kit with pins and hammer. pull is good and i feel like i only spent ~$120 on it.

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »

Offline No-one

• Staff
  • Wannabe shooter.....
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
J Mack used to have a Timney in one of his rifles and I thought it was the best trigger I had ever felt in an AR . He is now running a JP-EZ so I can only assume its at least as good as the Timney ;)

I have run the JP springs which were pretty good for a cheap down and dirty trigger kit as well as an early Jard and Geiselle 3 gun trigger . To be honest I didn't think the Jard or Geiselle were any better than the spring kit from JP as well as some stoning of the sear . I want a zero take up , crisp 3.5# or less trigger in my rifle . If I can't get rid of the take up I am not interested .

Maybe when we have the scope , suppressor test day anyone bringing an AR can label their rifles with what trigger they are running .
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:31:05 PM by No-one »
About to make poor choices and regrettable decisions

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:19:28 PM »

Offline fastfire

• Guy that shoots
Jard, by far the best and only $140

I have 2 Jards,for the price I LIKE ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:21:11 PM by fastfire »

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 09:40:58 PM »

Offline RGinIdaho

• Guy that shoots
I have four Geissele triggers. One Super 3gun, one SD-E and two of the SSA's. They are all non-adjustable and use full power hammer springs. I haven't had an issue with any of them.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

Offline Nealio

• un-certified Tanfoglio Armorer
I want a zero take up , crisp 3.5# or less trigger in my rifle .

You just described the Jard...?

The Jard is like the Knight's Armament, where the sear is on the back of the hammer, not by the pivot point like mil-spec.  To me its a better system for making smooth, crisp trigger pulls...

KAC:

Jard:

JP:

I think Shearer said it best when he said "if you want your AR to feel like a Glock trigger, get the Geiselle".  Which is NOT a knock on the Geiselle triggers, they just have that "non crisp" feel like a worked over Glock trigger.  Which if you are shooting a Glock, would be perfect.  If you're shooting a hammer pistol, then I would go JP or Jard (well I'd go Jard, but JP isn't a bad choice either).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:45:57 PM by Nealio »