Author Topic: What is the heat for an AR15 trigger?  (Read 4653 times)

Re: What is the heat for an AR15 trigger?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »

Offline carharttfarmer

• Guy that shoots
  • superheroes don't always wear tights
We need to line up all the different triggers and let everyone go down the line and test em all, so we can all see back to back what they are like.

Now if there was just an event that we would all be at with our rifles hmmm
,.?';''() diy punctuation insert as needed

Practice is a crutch for the talentless

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »

Offline Obscurem

• Dreams about shooting
    • Team Rainier Ballistics
You just described the Jard...?

The Jard is like the Knight's Armament, where the sear is on the back of the hammer, not by the pivot point like mil-spec.  To me its a better system for making smooth, crisp trigger pulls...

KAC:

Jard:

JP:

I think Shearer said it best when he said "if you want your AR to feel like a Glock trigger, get the Geiselle".  Which is NOT a knock on the Geiselle triggers, they just have that "non crisp" feel like a worked over Glock trigger.  Which if you are shooting a Glock, would be perfect.  If you're shooting a hammer pistol, then I would go JP or Jard (well I'd go Jard, but JP isn't a bad choice either).

Whoa - do I get extra cool points that that I've officially been quoted on the internet?

This above is true though. The Geiselle 3G is a great set up as it feels exactly like my worked over G34 trigger when I get it just right. Its like a short double action pistol trigger with a surprise break and a quick reset. Now that I'm shooting something else (I like a similar trigger on my pistol and rifle) I think I would be better served by an SD-E or a Jard. Jard being half the price I doubt I'll spring for Geiselle again.
Point Prep Confirm Press

Team Rainier Ballistics

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »

Offline Birddog6424

• Calls himself a Shooter..
  • μολὼν λαβέ
I would be extremely interested in shooting guns with different trigger groups.

I am just getting into 3 gun and have been shooting a bit of High Powered Rifle. My Daniel Defense AR has a Mil-spec trigger group that breaks fairly clean, but only after you have taken up the very inconsistent and lengthy slack. I'm not always sure if I am at the trigger break or not.

I'm in the market for a trigger group. I had been eyballing the Giessele SSA. But it looks like I need to do some more homework.
"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You have to learn to be slow in a hurry.."   Wyatt Earp

"The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem."  Col. Jeff Cooper

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »

Offline Obscurem

• Dreams about shooting
    • Team Rainier Ballistics
Jard, by far the best and only $140

I like this and the Geissele S3G. I think its a good idea to match your pistol trigger. The 3g felt exactly like my worked over G34 trigger. Now that I shoot a sig with a clean single action break I'm going for a Jard since its a very similar feel. YMMV
Point Prep Confirm Press

Team Rainier Ballistics

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 04:25:22 AM »

Offline meatmachineman

• Dreams about shooting
these guys are sending me one of these to try out.  got to play w/it a little at shot, but not tons.  i'll let you know how it goes.

http://www.hiperfire.com/hipertouch24C.html

adios
Saw that this a little dated now and was wondering if you have any feedback on that trigger. I'm toying with the idea of throwing a drop-in in a varmint AR and was looking at their other offerings which seemed to be of the same design as the 24C. Application is a bit different, of course, but I'd appreciate reading your opinion of it, nonetheless.
"I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!"   -My Wife

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 04:44:16 AM »

Offline 3gunshredder

• Wannabe shooter.....
  • Let 'er rip 'tater chip!!!
    • MGM Targets
Got to play with this some and it's not a bad single stage trigger....I still like my giesslle way better though.
Adios
i r a gunsmith...i do gun wurk...i kan make it beter...

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 08:25:47 AM »

Offline dwood

• Guy that shoots
I love my s3g, it has a good feel to it and everything that BK said.
Home Range - Parma
Callsign KE1H

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »

Offline dwood

• Guy that shoots
I am getting ready to preorder one of these just for the fun.

http://tacfirecon.com
Home Range - Parma
Callsign KE1H

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 08:44:36 AM »

Offline meatmachineman

• Dreams about shooting
Thanks for the update on the trigger. I am really ashamed to admit this, but I have never actually fired a round through a rifle with a two stage trigger  :o I fired rounds through single and double set triggers as well as countless single stage... but never a two stage... just dry fired. Being that this is a 3gun rifle thread and I was curious for a varmint rifle, I'll take the question to another section, but thanks again for the input!
"I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!"   -My Wife

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 12:51:34 PM »

Offline Denny4kids

• Still shopping for a firearm
I Have the Stag 3g with the Geissele trigger and it is the best! Hey wait, its the only one I have tried! Never mind.     Denny

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 05:24:52 PM »

Offline idHawk

• Staff
  • Calls himself a Shooter..
I had a chance to try a couple new triggers at SHOT show this year that are definitely worth mentioning.   The first is the HiperFire.   I was skeptical, but I have to tell you that I was beyond impressed.   The two things that really stick out with this trigger, besides having a very nice trigger pull, were an extremely short reset and a very hard hitting hammer.   I think this will be a very viable trigger option.   The second trigger the really stood out to me is a new one that JP will be coming out with later this year.  I promised not to give too much away in terms of info, but I will say this.  It is a straight pull design that works very well with both the JP EZ Trigger platform as well as a standard Mil-Spec Trigger.    I was blown away at how much their new trigger improved both of these platforms.    I am very excited to see this available later this year.